Search Community

Handling multiples start/end marks

Willy Christian test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by PointC,

Hello guys! I would like to ask you for a tip/help with this situation (codepen). I have an animation that has a different position depending on the screen size. So I would like to have multiple start/end positions for each breakpoint. However, when I set matchMedia(), it looks like gsap is keeping the previous points instead of killing it (as I read in the docs) which is causing interference in the timeline. Maybe I just misunderstood the correct way to use it or I just didn't fully understand how to use the library.

See the Pen wvyrKao?editors=0010 by willychristian (@willychristian) on CodePen

Hello @PointC (and anyone else)
I would like to ask something else...
I'm working this implementation on a Web site (witch is Drupal) and it doesn't  have the same behavior as in the codepen (and I have no idea why)...
If I implement as you show me, it works when I load the page but when I resize the page, the breakpoints set to handle it seems not working, because the animation crashes.
Any idea/tip that I could try to solve it ?

hmmm... I'm not familiar with Drupal at all. If you can reproduce it in a CodePen, I'm sure we can help.

You're using the latest versions of GSAP and ScrollTrigger, correct?

I'd try removing one of the media queries from the three you're using just to see if one is the culprit. (typo or otherwise). 

• Like 1