Search Community

Partigen 2.5 and TweenMax

bdavey311 test
Moderator Tag

Unfortunately Andrew (the author) opted to create his own tweening framework to drive Partigen 2.x. I'm not very familiar with it, so I couldn't say if you can easily reverse(). I noticed a couple of odd things when I added it to my speed test (timing and garbage collection issues) but Andrew is a nice guy, a solid developer, and was previously very supportive of the GreenSock platform. I wish I had better news for you, but unfortunately I don't think that you can leverage the power of TweenMax in Partigen 2.5.

From this post it seems like you should be able to use tweenmax?

http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ostcount=3

Yes you actually can. You can use the basic emitters and particles and use your own physics or tweening engines with those instead of the Desuade Motion Package.

I also found this posted on his forum.

And yes, it is just the internal tweening engine, you can still use any other tweening engine as well

But probably best to ask this question to Andrew himself on the desuade forums.

http://forums.desuade.com/viewforum.php?f=9

If you do please let us know here.

Well before you get too excited Jack states in this thread it was not meant to be part of a full-blown particle system (I am sure he can explain further along with where to find possible examples etc...).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1654

But particles in general are pretty easy actually depending on what you want. What it is your trying to accomplish? Have you tried using TweenMax along with Partigen? Or asked Andrew about what your trying to accomplish and if TweenMax can be leveraged with Partigen? Curious, what is it your trying to accomplish that your having such performance issues?

Got ya. Here goes. My client's logo is an atom so they had mentioned something about using the big-bang effect that then leads into the atom somehow. Which is what I'm trying to figure out. My idea was to have a the basic bang/starfield effect that explodes from the center for a couple of seconds, stands still in time (suspended) with some slight movement and then reverse's back into the center which is where the atom would come from. Ideas are easier said than done so that's why I got partigen(still questioning the money spent) to see if that would help. Turns out the performance issues are enough to make me move onto the next idea.

We'll see how I pull this off!

Thanks again,

bD