Search Community

Scrolltrigger Horizontal Scroll plus ScrollSmoother issue

Freehand Sam test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Hi. I'm just starting to experiment with ScrollSmoother and found that is created an issue on a previously created horizontal scroll gallery I made with ScrollTrigger. If you look at the CodePen, you'll see it correctly scrolls to the gallery, pins it and starts to horizontally scroll the first strip of photos right to left, although it never makes it to the 4th photo. And then sort of stops moving anything...

What's supposed to happen after scrolling all 4 photos is unpinning that first strip of photos, scroll down to the next strip, and do the horizontal scroll again, and so on. Then eventually release and continue vertical scrolling to the bottom of the page.

If you comment out the ScrollSmoother.create(), you'll see how it is supposed to work. So I know my issue is introduced by ScrollSmoother, but I'm not sure where to go next to try to solve it. I tried making my scroll wrappers above the #portfolio section ONLY, but even still I had the issue. I'm new to GSAP in general, and sure I'm missing something. I just can't find the appropriate advice in the forum or docs. Any guidance is much appreciated. 

See the Pen zYRKxEV by freehand_sam (@freehand_sam) on CodePen