Search Community

ScrollTrigger callback when all refresh calculations have completed?

beavykins test
Moderator Tag

Is there a way to call a function once ScrollTrigger has finished calculating everything for all timelines on refresh?

I couldn’t find anything about it and considered making a simple timeline and setting the refreshPriority to be the lowest, but this timeline wouldn’t be used for anything else so I thought there might be a better way I am missing?

Thanks!

Is there any kind of enforced delay with the refresh event? I just added it and it seems to fire noticeably after everything has refreshed. I wonder if there is some kind of throttle or debounce going on? It may well be something else going on with my implementation though.

Thanks again!

No, there isn’t any delay whatsoever. However, when the viewport resizes on a mobile device WHILE SCROLLING, ScrollTrigger automatically delays the entire refresh (not just dispatching the “refresh” event) until the scroll is done in order to avoid a sudden stop in the momentum scroll. You can, of course, force a ScrollTrigger.refresh() whenever you want. But there is no delay between when a .refresh() happens and when the event gets dispatched.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, I have this hooked up using smooth scrollbar (on desktop), I assume that should mean it is instant?

It does seem to be scrolling related, I have a resize observer hooked up to the scroll container which fires refresh when it detects a resize, that happens when things like lazy loaded images pop in. that works nicely for my scrollTriggers but I have something else that relies on the correct position of all the page elements so I am using the refresh event to redraw that, but it doesn’t seem to fire until a little while after I have stopped scrolling if I continually scroll to the bottom.

It’s a bit of a complicated setup so I will try and debug it a bit more in case there is something else working against it.

Thanks!