Search Community

On scale change dom element size

hastalavistababy test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

• Solution

Hey @hastalavistababy welcome to the forum! 

`scale` is part of the `transform` property of CSS and it does not interact with the flow of your content, so if you do want it so that elements are pushed around when things are scaled I would use the property `fontSize`

See the Pen ExoBoaz?editors=0110 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

I had to change your code a bit and had to set a fixed height on the `.logo` block, otherwise the block height would get recalculated based on the font size and you want it to stay at the bottom.

Also know you can use the plugin SplitText to dynamically split text on the fly no need to manually split any text

See the Pen XWVLVLm by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:53 PM, mvaneijgen said:

Hey @hastalavistababy welcome to the forum! 

`scale` is part of the `transform` property of CSS and it does not interact with the flow of your content, so if you do want it so that elements are pushed around when things are scaled I would use the property `fontSize`

I had to change your code a bit and had to set a fixed height on the `.logo` block, otherwise the block height would get recalculated based on the font size and you want it to stay at the bottom.

Also know you can use the plugin SplitText to dynamically split text on the fly no need to manually split any text

You awesome, Thanks

• Thanks 1