Search Community

ScrollSmoother parallax not working

Wizard of Oz test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

I forked the pen and checked debug mode - same thing - no effects.

Pulled the whole project down locally - works perfectly with my downloaded Club version of ScrollSmoother 3.10.4.

Using the ScrollSmoother file from CodePen (also 3.10.4) - no effects in local testing. Weird. 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

@GreenSock  Sorry chief! No secrets, none that I can think of atleast 😶 The screen recording is from the pen by Greensock, which I have not touched. I'm viewing this on a Mac, chrome browser version 100.0.4896.127  from Norway ( though I doubt this has anything to do with it ). 

All the assets seem alright https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/26566601?key=d272e5fe2bafbe72ab7ba4c9fb5cc444

I notice a few problems: 

1. You've got NESTED effects. That won't work. In other words, you have a data-speed inside another element with a data-speed. 
  2. You didn't define a wrapper or content which is fine if you use an id of smooth-wrapper and smooth-content (defaults), but you used a CLASS instead. 
  3. You don't have a height or width applied to your images, so until the image is fully loaded, those measurements will be off. It should still work eventually because ScrollTrigger forces a refresh on the window's "load" event but I'm just mentioning this because it's typically a good idea to define a width/height on image elements if possible. 
  • Like 2