Search Community

GSAP Animations not playing on NEXT JS

Ndonna test
Moderator Tag

Thank you much @OSUblake the link was just a sample to explain my bug. Found out it's not an issue from my end but a React 18 issue which you had addressed on some other thread. Just saw the workarounds and decided to roll back to 17. Thank you so much once again 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

What's the other thread? Can someone link to it?

On 4/20/2022 at 9:37 PM, Ndonna said:

Thank you much @OSUblake the link was just a sample to explain my bug. Found out it's not an issue from my end but a React 18 issue which you had addressed on some other thread. Just saw the workarounds and decided to roll back to 17. Thank you so much once again

Hi @fakesamgregory,

Maybe they're referring to this thread:

If you keep having issues, instead of adding a post to an existing thread, try to create a new one and include a minimal demo. You can fork any of the examples in these collections:

https://stackblitz.com/@GreenSockLearning/collections/gsap-react-starters

https://stackblitz.com/@GreenSockLearning/collections/gsap-nextjs-starters

Happy Tweening!

@Rodrigo thank you. I’ll take a look and see if this is indeed my issue. 

as an aside, would it be possible to encourage the moderators to encourage users to consider sharing their solution or links in cases like this? I feel this would benefit the community massively so instead of just congratulating them, something like “please consider sharing your solution with the community”. You obviously can’t force it but you can at least teach good etiquette. After all, these forums aren’t just for those trying to get their specific issue sorted. 

• Like 3