Search Community

Filling circle jumps

Apnw2 test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I'm trying to fill a circle from the outside to the inside and scale it. We can see on the codepen that it works approximately, but the filling thanks to the border-width attribute is not smooth and kind of jumps, whereas the scale works perfectly smooth. The end goal would be to cover entirely the screen in blue, so if another method is more appropriate I'm open.

Thanks in advance,
Max

See the Pen YzYOGaG by MaxOlliv (@MaxOlliv) on CodePen

I'm not quite sure how you are going to fill from the outside in. if you have a solid background color maybe use 2 circles. Maybe look to svg.

If you want guarantee the circle fills ANY viewport size, I learned this 142 vmax trick from @OSUblake

See the Pen JjOJJWN by snorkltv (@snorkltv) on CodePen

Full lesson video explaining how it works

https://www.creativecodingclub.com/pages/free-lesson-vmax

If you want to fill window exactly you can determine the distance from center to a corner of the viewport to get the radius

another demo from my courses (you may need to re-run to see the circle animation)

See the Pen NWNrbay?editors=0110 by snorkltv (@snorkltv) on CodePen

• Like 3

Thanks for your answer,

In fact, I was thinking to make a calculation similar as the one in your second codepen example, but the problem I'm coming with in this topic is that the animation in my codepen is not smooth and jumps pixel by pixel.