Search Community

Horizontal Vertical Scroll mix with a stop

Mirja test
Moderator Tag

Hey, 

The current code stops at the last slide (the black colour section appears as a natural web page flow).  Where do you want the button to be and the content you want to show is that a part of the last slide? or the normal webpage flow? Depending on what it is you can structure the code.
Looks like what you are trying to do is possible. 

Hi Trapti,

yes, the horizontal scrolling stops at the last slide, that is correct. But the transition to horizontal scrolling follows directly. I would like to have a button placed in the green section. Only when you click on this button, you should be able to scroll into the gray section.

So you're saying that the user would see the scrollbar hasn't reached the end, they'd try to use their scrollwheel or drag the scrollbar and you want it to REFUSE to comply with the user's wishes until they click a button first? Personal opinion: that would drive me nuts as a user. 

This isn't really a GSAP-specific question. I mean you could in theory accomplish this, yes - there definitely isn't anything built into GSAP to accommodate that, other than ScrollSmoother does have a .paused() method that allows you to basically freeze the scrolling until you unpause it.