Search Community

scrollSmoother gap from landscape to portrait orientation on iOS

celli test
Moderator Tag

Hi GSAP, I will add a codePen but just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this. It will be hard to tell on a codePen since it involves rotating an iPhone into landscape orientation and then back into portrait.

Has anyone experienced a large gap at the bottom of the body/html  after rotating a scrollSmoother page into landscape orientation and then back into portrait orientation ? (I see it clearly since my footer has a different background-color than my body) When I refresh in Portrait, the space goes away—it only appears after rotating the iPhone (latest iOS and iPhone 13) from landscape to portrait on a page using scrollSmoother.

2 minutes ago, OSUblake said:

Hi celli,

I haven't seen that happen, but do you think you can still make a Codepen debug? We can test it on mobile using the debug view on CodePen. 

yep, I w ill make a codePen, thanks!

Thanks @OSUblake. I did some tests before creating this minimal codePen, and I still got the space at the bottom in Portrait Orientation, after rotating back from Landscape Orientation on an iPhone 13, after removing section by section of my scroll smoother content.

The spacing issue was not present when I removed the scrollSmoother wrapper completely.

See the Pen WNdKdbd by celli (@celli) on CodePen

@OSUblake, have you noticed since the 3.10.3 update that the smoothScroller is acting unexpectedly when resizing the browser window ? I was going to recreate another codePen test, but I checked this page https://greensock.com/scrollsmoother/ and I see the same thing happening there. When I resize my browser window/viewport from large to small, sometimes the top of the page is cut off, and often the smoothScroller and parallax effects stop working, until I refresh the page again. I just wanted to see if you are seeing that behavior as well on the gsap page.

Yes, sorry about that - there was a regression in 3.10.3 that could cause effects to not get triggered at the right positions if you scroll down and then resize the window. You can download an updated zip from greensock.com right now and it will have that fix in place. We'll release the official one within the next few days most likely. 

• Like 1