Search Community

Question about License

rocci test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Cassie,

2 questions about the license.

1.) We build a one-off custom website for my client and want to use bonus plugins with 2 developer. We need Business Green License?

2.) If we hand over the website to my client to maintain by themselves (or other company's developers), need more license?

• Solution

Hey there Rocci!

Welcome to the forums,

1)

If the site you're building generates a fee from multiple users (including micro-transactions, subscription fees, etc.), it requires the commercial license which comes with Business Green memberships, if not, your developers can simply access the plugins with (two) Simply Green or Shockingly Green subscriptions.

2)

If your Client will be working on or maintaining the website, but not using the Club GreenSock Plugins or adjusting that code, they don't need a license. However if they plan on using the bonus plugins, they will need to get a license themselves.

I hope this helps clear things up a little! Thanks for your interest in supporting our library.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hi, Cassie

I have a question for Client maintaining.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, Cassie said:

2)

If your Client will be working on or maintaining the website, but not using the Club GreenSock Plugins or adjusting that code, they don't need a license. However if they plan on using the bonus plugins, they will need to get a license themselves.

I make a website including bonus plugins for my client. They want to maintain their website.

They maintain only HTML, CSS and a part of JavaScript not related GSAP.

Do they need a license in this case?

Thank you.