Search Community

SmoothScroller refresh

Tagliavia test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hi folks and thanks for the awesome help here as always!.

Turns out I initialized SmoothScroller too soon, scroll trigger refresh didn't resolve the issue about the size of content element of smoothScroller.

Moved smoothScroller initialization to window.load event and issue got fixed.

Sorry for the late reply, got complicated with some health issues.

I stand corrected regarding scrolltrigger.refresh() adjusting height of smoothscroller content. However it didn't get triggered after creating the scroll trigger instances for the media query. After triggering it directly it fixed the issue.

However I have another issue, the touch event on the scroll smoother wrapper on mobile devices, prevents the events to reach the inputs and selects on the form, at the moment I have no way of opening the drop down menu.

Any help is appreciated 

See the Pen YzYYYQB by riccardodev (@riccardodev) on CodePen

Would you mind trying this beta version of the upcoming release and telling us if it works well for you? 

https://assets.codepen.io/16327/ScrollTrigger.min.js (you'll likely need to clear your cache to make sure you're getting the latest file). 

The ScrollSmoother file has been updated too (the CodePen-only one): 

https://assets.codepen.io/16327/ScrollSmoother.min.js

Ok after testing the script issue remains, inputs and select are unable to gain focus on mobile devices. Labels do work transferring focus to the associated input, but do not trigger the open action for the drop down.
Tested by downloading the minified file of the beta and importing it at the top of JS file instead of using the node_modules import.

2 hours ago, Tagliavia said:

Ok after testing the script issue remains, inputs and select are unable to gain focus on mobile devices. Labels do work transferring focus to the associated input, but do not trigger the open action for the drop down.
Tested by downloading the minified file of the beta and importing it at the top of JS file instead of using the node_modules import.

What device(s) are you testing on? It seemed to work well on my iOS device. I tapped and it immediately brought up the keyboard to start inputting. Same with the <select>. Maybe you have a cached version? Please make sure you're using the latest beta of ScrollTrigger and ScrollSmoother.