Search Community

Flip animation not scaling Y value correctly

Josh Mathis test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Josh Mathis,

This is the first time i've used the flip animation, so i'm probably missing something, but for some reason, when running a flip animation, the "initial" state is squishing my svg. 

image.thumb.png.c16dc3ab663a40926be9eafbe2d4d9ff.png

That's my main question, but if i can ask more than one question at a time, i have another one. If that's not allowed, i'm good with just getting the first one answered. The other issue i'm having is that I wrote separate timelines as a functions, and then am calling them all together by adding them to a master timeline. For some reason, the timeline that controls my "menu" (conveniently enough called menu in my code) is not honoring the delay that was set on the master timeline, and is starting immediately. To get a delay, i had to specifically add it to that timeline separately, but the other two timelines are honoring the master timeline delay. So any help there would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

See the Pen abEBPOJ by joshmath (@joshmath) on CodePen

Hi Josh, 

There is way too much stuff going on your demo. Can you please make a minimal demo only showing the Flip issue at hand. The simpler the demos, the faster we can answer them.

9 minutes ago, Josh Mathis said:

For some reason, the timeline that controls my "menu" (conveniently enough called menu in my code) is not honoring the delay that was set on the master timeline, and is starting immediately. To get a delay, i had to specifically add it to that timeline separately, but the other two timelines are honoring the master timeline delay.

Again, please make a reduced demo just showing the issue in it's most basic form.  Thanks!