Search Community

Momentum Based Range Input with Draggable

jh3y test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

4 hours ago, jh3y said:

If I were to put another element such as a custom drag handle, and use Draggable for that bound to the input like I had originally, it would update the value and the Inertia would be triggered too, right? I think that's correct. I may have not worded it right but I'm pretty sure that works too, haha.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "...it would update the value and inertia would be triggered too..." but you could definitely use Draggable on a custom handle and just update the input.value in the onDrag, for example. And yes, you could have it track the inertia/velocity of the custom handle and do almost exactly the same thing we're doing in the simplified example, but you'd be animating the handle instead and then in the modifier you could apply the new value to the input.value. 

Does that answer your question? 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 10:19 PM, GreenSock said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "...it would update the value and inertia would be triggered too..." but you could definitely use Draggable on a custom handle and just update the input.value in the onDrag, for example. And yes, you could have it track the inertia/velocity of the custom handle and do almost exactly the same thing we're doing in the simplified example, but you'd be animating the handle instead and then in the modifier you could apply the new value to the input.value. 

Does that answer your question? 

Yeah, I _think_ we mean the same thing 😅

My terminology may be slightly off but I'm pretty sure we are on the same frequency there

Thanks Jack!

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/