Search Community

Start nested timeline in one timeline and resume in another?

void__ test
Moderator Tag

I am trying to create a site loader/unloader by playing a nested timeline via a masterIn timeline, and resuming the nested timeline via a masterOut timeline. When I add the resume to the masterOut timeline, the tween fails to play, however, I am not seeing any console errors.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I am also open to suggestions for a more elegant way to code this. I've used separate 'in' and 'out' nested timelines in the past, but always run into glitchy overriding tweens.

See the Pen GROeEeZ by brioenzswozlle (@brioenzswozlle) on CodePen

Thanks mikel, but I am trying to continue the animation on trigger, not reverse.

The idea is to have a sequence of tweens for tlMasterIn (page load), and a separate sequence of tweens for tlMasterOut (page unload), while using the same child timeline (to avoid conflicting tweens)

There will also be multiple other child timelines/functions acting in the same manner.

But perhaps I am fundamentally wrong about using 2 separate master timelines?

I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped on what your intention is here. From what I can understand I think Mikel's example is probably the best route.

In terms of conflicting tweens this article helped clear some things up for me - maybe it will help you too?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...