Search Community

Safari Scrolltrigger Flickering

fonveton test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by fonveton,

I have a section, that i'm using gsap. Everthing is okey with chrome and firefox but when i scroll while using safari, whole pinned section is flickering. 

You can try with codepen or test the issue from here: https://demo.pentayazilim.net/ravena/

I tried changing scrub value, pinReparent and anticipatePin so far. Is there a way to prevent flickering while using pinned scrolltrigger with 100vh section for safari?

See the Pen abVPXga by manidar (@manidar) on CodePen

1 hour ago, GreenSock said:

I'm not seeing any flicker. Are you talking about when the pinning kicks in? And are you saying Safari is a problem even on desktop or just iOS? 

I did see it, it's more of a jerking/twitching than a flicker. I'm in Version 14.1.2.

However, I do not see it in the latest cleaned up CodePen. I'm wondering if you have some conflicting things going on in your other animations. @fonveton are you still able to replicate in the latest codepen -- Also It'd be helpful for debugging pinned sections to add a little buffer section above and below the pin to make sure that that is setup properly.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi @fonveton

I have a similar issue here: https://www.mtbarkerwaldorf.sa.edu.au

Make sure you are in Safari.

Just scroll up and down and make the first 2 blobs go off screen and come back on screen (second section on page) and you will notice a flash of content (the blobs).

Is the same behaviour you were experiencing?

If so, what was the correction in your calculations for offset().top that you made?

Thanks.

Att: @GreenSock

3 minutes ago, kubik101 said:

Shall I post a brand new topic, or continue it here?

Definitely create a new thread please. Thanks.

For the record, I'm pretty confident this has absolutely nothing to do with GSAP/ScrollTrigger - it's very likely a graphics rendering issue in Safari itself.

2 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

For the record, I'm pretty confident this has absolutely nothing to do with GSAP/ScrollTrigger - it's very likely a graphics rendering issue in Safari itself.

Thanks for that, I appreciate your hunch, opinion, I will be testing on other machines.

Lastly may I ask what Mac device you viewed on?

Mine is: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)