Search Community

Kill/Remove/Clear TweenMax entirely

Jakob Sternberg test
Moderator Tag

It would be super duper fantabulous if you could post an FLA (or set of FLAs) that demonstrates the issue. Sounds like maybe a problem with the way Eyeblaster is loading/unloading things but it's very difficult (if not impossible) to troubleshoot blind like this.

AS2? AS3? Mix?

It's definately a issue with EyeBlaster only.. So i guess it's not your fault =P

I would just like to fix it..

About example.. it's litterally breaks just with , anything, even the simplest example.. it only works the first time..second time it breaks.

Ill pm you a preview link for a eyeblaster ad i'm doing right now..

Eyeblaster confirms problems with TweenMax, but are not concidering doing anything about it. Describes it as "cache problem"

edit: i'm using AS2, havent tried with AS3

• 2 weeks later...
@MediaMind, great to have you here chiming in. I heard from @squadjot last night and he said that apparently the issue has to do with the Flash CS3 compiler because when he compiled the same file in CS4, the problem went away. Would you mind testing that theory?

Sure,

We will look into this, can we get the preview link? or Ad ID please?.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Here, as I learned the broken timeline behavior occurs only when I preview the ad(s) through the Eyeblaster panel in Firefox (3.5+ - 4.B) (it's the same on mac or PC). However the EB demo package sent to the team or the client works fine in IE (7+?) or in Safari(5+).

• 6 months later...

Just gone through all sorts of fun (not) working in Mediamind / Eyeblaster.

Creating a muti-expanding advert for Hotmail. http://advertising.microsoft.com/asia/ForAdvertisers/CreativeSpec.aspx?CS_CreativeSpecID=130

I used TweenNano and TweenMax in different doses. For ease of build I add quite a lot to the timeline, which allow my creatives to help me pixel tweak locations.

Uploaded everything to Eyeblaster and... nothing worked. It completely ignored TweenMax and TweenNano.

After many hours of trying to fix (and not being able to properly test this advert as Mediamind don't have a tool I can use to do this) I eventually REMOVED all Greensock code from the main header animation and went back to using the timeline to animate. Booooo!

However, when I nested the Greensock code in a movieclip in the MPU, then it all worked fine. Mental.

My advice. Don't use TweenMax etc with Mediamind when building complicated Microsoft enabled banners.

From what I gather, this certainly sounds like an issue on MediaMind's side and I have reached out to them with a request to look into it. Haven't heard back yet, but since TweenLite/Nano/Max are so pervasive in the industry I bet they'll work hard to fix things on their end. I wouldn't just advise folks not to use GreenSock code, though, especially if you found a workaround (putting the code in a sub-MovieClip?).