Search Community

timeline basics not so basic

timaging test
Moderator Tag

yeah, I've gone the template route before. It's never fully what I want and I still end up needing to enhance the functionality.

in addition to that, getting the developer to respond can take weeks and this is due this week.

Not sure what I'll do next, but hopefully I'll find something that a regular non-dev person can use!

so, just letting you know that the client is going in a new direction, which is GREAT NEWS for using the greensock plugin... all information will appear on the first rollover. I'll post a sample as soon as I can mock it up..

PHEW!!

next question-is there a way to call XML files to populate the text instead of me having to type it all out and put it in Flash? If so, can you point me to a tutorial?

Dave

is there a way to call XML files to populate the text instead of me having to type it all out and put it in Flash? If so, can you point me to a tutorial?

Sure, that's definitely a smart way to go. XML files make it much easier to update things down the road.

Are you building your file in AS2 (publishing to Flash Player 8 or earlier)? I assume so, although I'd highly recommend moving to AS3 as soon as you can because it's MUCH faster and more powerful. Anyway, for loading XML data into your swf, I think my old XMLParser class would help make it much easier. There's an example in the download that will hopefully make it pretty straightforward. Check it out at http://www.greensock.com/xmlparseras2/. If you move to AS3, let me know - LoaderMax's XMLLoader class might be helpful in that case.