Search Community

Map animation SVG

Altea test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mikel,

Hello, I'm writing an animation for a Map.

As you can see when a button on the left is clicked I draw the line and a circle (sometimes more the one) that indicate a point on the map.

The animation is working fine but I have a problema when I start the animation one right after the others.

I wrote this lines

tlMap.set(mapCircles, { autoAlpha: 0 });
tlMap.set(mapLines, { drawSVG: "0 0" });

So I can reset the lines and circles of all the points when I click on a button.

But if you click on a button and right away click on a second button you wil see that the first animation will still be going and I would end up with lines from more then one button showing on the map.

I think i need a reverse on all the other animations but I cannot figure out how to do it.

I started to move away from jQuery to Vanilla JS, if you find something that is done wrongly I'll appreciate if you point it out for me.

See the Pen zYPNXry by skie78 (@skie78) on CodePen

Thank you Mikel for the answer,

just to make sure if I understand it correctly the difference in you example is that the the animation block is declared outsite the forEach so inside the gsap I can call all the animation to "reset" themself.

I could probably apply the same approch and use the timeline controls like reverse correct?

There is no animation outside of the block. He's just setting the initial opacity. 

Look a little bit deeper at what's going on. When you click the button, it is setting all the blocks (ani) back to their initial position.

.to(ani, {x:0, opacity:0.1, duration:1})

Immediately after that, he is animating the actual target (ani[i]). It's happening at the same time as the previous .to(), so even though all the ani blocks are in the first .to(), the second .to() will cancel it out.

.to(ani[i], {duration: 3, x: 200, opacity: 1},0);

You can also store animations on an element.

myElement.animation = gsap.timeline()...

// then you can control wherever you want
myElement.animation.reverse();

• Like 3