Search Community

How to dynamically assign the value of x?

bs.choi test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

hi.

First of all, I'm not good at English, so I'm using a translator. please understand.

I made a marquee using gsap tween.

The function works without any problems.
However, when a certain button is pressed, there is an event that the marquee text is changed.

Here's the problem.
As the text is changed, there is a difference from the x value set when tween is rendered.

In my opinion, as the text changed, the width also changed, but it seemed to be a problem because the variable 'distance' was not reassigned after calculation with the changed value.

I used MutationObserver to reassign the value of the variable set to the x value when the text changes, but it doesn't work properly.

I've searched several forums and documentation, but haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for.

What did I do wrong?

current code :

https://jsfiddle.net/3bap6dcw/2/

In the above example, even if the marquee text is changed by pressing the 'short' and 'long' buttons, the value of the distance variable assigned to x is reassigned and I want it to proceed like the first time.

What should I do?
Please help me!

Thank you.

• Solution
9 minutes ago, bs.choi said:

What did I do wrong?

That's not how JavaScript works. You can't just update a variable and expect an object to that you assigned that value to also update. 

If you need to update a value, the 2 most common ways are either recreating the animation from scratch or use function based values kind of like here.

See the Pen NWwdLXY by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 3