Search Community

What IDE does everyone use if any at all?

Dizablah The Lamot test
Moderator Tag

So as I am getting refamiliarized with GSAP I was wondering what IDE y'all are using? I am right now I am back and forth between ATOM and Codepen. In Codepen I am finding it a hassle when I am uploading assets I have to "reconnect" them in my code but it offers color coding and seems to have some auto complete features. While in ATOM I can't seem to find a package that supports GSAP. So I was wondering what y'alls workflow looks like. You don't have to get into the weeds if you don't want. Just looking for some options.

TIA, 

Diza

In VS Code you can easily search for extensions. It looks like the only one for code snippets for GSAP3 though (there appear to be 2 others, but they are for the older versions) is the one by Petr Tichy aka @ihatetomatoes, also mentioned in this thread.

https://ihatetomatoes.net/greensock-snippets-for-vscode/

Also there is this video from the GSAPLearningCenter, explaining how you can get Auto-Completion and hinting up and running in VS Code (and probably other Editors, too). But I personally never used any of those, so I can't be much of a help beyond pointing you towards them.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dizablah The Lamot said:

Does it have a GSAP library?

Just to be clear, IDEs don't "have" a library really. Typically they just use TypeScript definition files to offer autocomplete/hinting. GSAP does come with TypeScript definition files, so most good IDEs will be able to offer that out of the box. 

I personally use WebStorm and it seems to work well. I've heard great things about VS Code. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2