Search Community

ScrollTrigger.min.js got error and site is broken

jacksmug test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Hey guys, I need your help and maybe it's quite general issue. After a long time I am not touching my project, my project is broken and got an error inside 'Console'.

Here's the error:
image.thumb.png.60145f114ff3278705f8b04393702d00.png

I cannot scroll down my page and seems like ScrollTrigger is not functioning.
Not sure what happened. I am using ScrollTrigger version 3.10.0 and I tried to update to latest version. Still get this issue.

Hi jacksmug,

What makes you think you it's a ScrollTrigger issue? It says resetTo is not a function, but there nothing in the ScrollTrigger's code that makes such a call, so your error is probably happening elsewhere. That image also shows smooth-scrollbar. You might want to check with that. The best way to figure out an error like that is to isolate it by disabling parts of your code until you find the problem.

• Like 2

Yep, it definitely sounds like you're using the BETA version from the CodePen CDN which is NOT intended to be deployed anywhere or used in production. It's tapping into an unreleased feature in an upcoming GSAP release :)

Like Blake said, you should definitely be using the official CDNs, not the beta. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OSUblake said:

Hi @jacksmug

Can you verify the URL you are using for ScrollTrigger? It sounds like you might using a beta version, possibly from CodePen. Make sure you are using the ones hosted on CDN, like cdnjs. It should be at version 3.9.1 now.

https://cdnjs.com/libraries/gsap

Yes, i'm sorry that i've been using CDN from this codepen example. The issue now fixed already by updating to latest CDN.

See the Pen oNLqgBm by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Thank you @OSUblake & @GreenSock(Jack)!

• Like 2