Search Community

Horizontal Scroll and Pinned Layers

spacebro test
Moderator Tag

Hello GSAP community. I'm learning how to use the ScrollTrigger plugin, and it's been great so far. However, I've found a block that I haven't been able to overcome, perhaps by my lack of expertise using GSAP 😅

I attached a codepen where I have a slider that scrolls horizontally while you scroll down the page. That part works as expected.

Then, I have a couple of sections (with the text Stacking content). I want the red section to stack on top of the slider (pinned sections). It kinda works but the last slide suddenly disappears.

I read another thread here on the forums related to a webkit bug while handling the background CSS property, but this is not the case, since all the content disappears.

I've searched the forum, the official codepen profile and the official docs, but still can't find a solution.

Do you have any idea what would be the cause of this issue?

Thank you

See the Pen eYGrdLe by spacebromx (@spacebromx) on CodePen

Hi spacebro,

I think this is part of the problem. You're including the last section in both triggers.

<section class="panel gray stack" style="margin-bottom: 100vh; background-color: lightgreen; width: 100%">
    FIVE
  </section>

I would get rid of those inline styles, the stack class, and try from there.

See the Pen XWeqMNg by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen