Search Community

how to tacle this aninmation

makilyes test
Moderator Tag

Hello, 

I attached a video of an effect that I want to replicat.

I just wanted to have from you guys, wich direction should I take.

It's a circle with the magnetic effect, but the part that I'm more looking for, is when you scroll down, the circle scales, up to be the fullbackground of the rest of the site.

And I see that they are using canvas, and I was wondering if it's the best solution. Indeed

With my beginner brain, I wanted to go with an svg, then with a scrollTrigger, simply scale it, but I don't know if it's the good start.

https://www.magnetism.fr/en/contact/

Thanks

@mvaneijgen

Code Pen :

See the Pen YzrxzZX by shahyne (@shahyne) on CodePen

So I started with the scale. It kind of work, but not as smooth as the website (https://www.magnetism.fr/en/contact/), depending on the size of screen.

When I lower the scale ratio, when I arrive at the second section I see white space, it doesn't cover all before the section.

So I don't know if it's because, i'm doing something wrong, or I'm missing something.

My second question, for the magnet thing and chaging the shape, which method should I look for, or method to use in Gsap.

Thnaks

Hey @makilyes I've add some tweaks, mainly set the easing to none (I find when having a scroll element with scrub, no easing makes it smoother (GSAP animation have a ease by default)). I've also removed the react stuff, because I couldn't figure out if that was something that was introducing 'laggy-ness', but you can easily copy the code to your project.

For shape changing, I would look in to MorphSVG  and have it change shape on mouse move, and just rotate that shape with the mouse.

• Like 1