Search Community

Not able to toggle constrainScale

terjeruuda test
Moderator Tag

Hi!

First... GreenSock, I really admire your work!

So why this post? I'm building a simple crop tool for a client, and they've demanded an option where the user can toggle between constraining aspect ratio or not.

So I have a checkbox to toggle between aspect ratio or not...

The checkbox is checked (aspect ratio is on), and I can drag the transformManager with aspect ratio. I turn of aspect ratio, and now I don't have aspect ratio. Everything works fine.

I then turn aspect ratio on again. And yeah, I have a minimum size for the selected item, and what's supposed to happen is that when I decrease/scale down the manager it would stop at the minimum size.

What happens is that either the box grows very fast either in x or y direction. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry to hear about the trouble - I'm on a family vacation all week and will need to look into this when I return next week (my apologies for the delay). Nobody else has reported problems like this, but that certainly doesn't mean there isn't a bug somewhere. I just don't have time at the moment to dig into the code. Stand by...

Hi!

No rush. I have come up with a temporary solution. Everytime I turn on aspect ratio, I just make a new manager and remove the old one.

But it sure would be nice to use a method instead.

You should certainly enjoy your family vacation. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted version 1.92 which I believe fixes this issue. Please snag the latest version from your GreenSock account at http://www.greensock.com/account/ and let me know if it works well for you. I also added new minWidth, maxWidth, minHeight, and maxHeight properties to TransformItem.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue and for being patient for the permanent solution.