Search Community

Problem with FLIPping items staying position: absolute after animation

MadG test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Hey all, 

Little bug I'm trying to figure out the cleanest way to fix. In the codepen, clicking a box FLIP fits it to the top right of the screen, then clicking that same box in the top right FLIP fits it back to its position. However, when it moves back into position, it stays position: absolute. So, if you then click the second box in the first row, the first row collapses since it isn't fixed height. Is there a clean way to revert the item to all of its pre-FLIP style parameters without using .set ? 

See the Pen eYGWroR by kslaton (@kslaton) on CodePen

@OSUblake sure. This is a simple version of a site I'm working on where I have grid of photos. When I click a photo, the others fade out, and the photo moves into an absolutely positioned lightbox. The photo's lightbox position needs to always be in the same place on the page, vertically centered and then horizontally centered in the left half of the page. The photos are not all square, but before running the flip animation I'm getting the target photo's aspect ratio and setting the lightbox placeholder to the same aspect ratio. Then, on clicking the backdrop or a close button, the photo moves back into its place in the grid and all the other photos fade back in. Is that all making sense?