Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tailbreezy

codepen RUN

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Hello,

I am just wondering how you get a RUN tab on codepen.

image.png.30a749ab70983a695ecb12c176af99ed.png

I have a paid subscription and dont have that. It is pretty annoying to try to trigger the edits hot reload, especially since it doesnt proc every time.

Cheers 

Hey tailbreezy,

In a pen's editor-view, click the settings button up top, go to the Behaviour tab in the popping up Pen Settings, de-activate "Auto-Updating Preview" and you get the Run-Button for that pen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Solution

Akapowl is correct, I was in the process of grabbing a screenshot so here it is.

BTW i find the UI for this kind of troublesome as I'd rather have "ENABLE RUN BUTTON" instead of turning off the auto updating preview.1283337023_ScreenShot2021-12-11at08_23_09.thumb.png.f788795ced143ce691a588a3bc153212.png

• Like 4

And btw you can also set the defaults for all the new pens you create by clicking your avatar in the top right, there in the drop-down go into your profile settings (at the very bottom above the Log Out) and in these Profile Settings under the "Editor Preferences" when you scroll down a little, you will find the oiption to de-activate it by default.

Unbenannt_0.thumb.png.df318149847a9d3c046f78ec4de71202.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.f4cd4d6a1683074256014906ace0c2ec.png

17 minutes ago, Carl said:

BTW i find the UI for this kind of troublesome as I'd rather have "ENABLE RUN BUTTON" instead of turning off the auto updating preview.

...speaking of UI and UX - why is it in another section than all the other "Editor Options" ? 😅 

Kind of hard to find this way, too.

• Like 4

Super useful info. Thank you so much, have lost countless hours without this. Cheers

Hope you have an amazing weekend @akapowl @Carl

• Like 2