Search Community

Scramble Text only when in viewport

Dennyno test
Moderator Tag

Hey there @Dennyno,

The simplest way would be to add a scrollTrigger to the timeline like so.

See the Pen wvrvxqQ?editors=1010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Check out the docs for more information on how to customise the scrollTrigger for your specific needs 

https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Plugins/ScrollTrigger

Hope this helps!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cassie said:

Hey there @Dennyno,

The simplest way would be to add a scrollTrigger to the timeline like so.

Check out the docs for more information on how to customise the scrollTrigger for your specific needs 

https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Plugins/ScrollTrigger

Hope this helps!

Oh well thanks.

Just one point: How to reverse / restart while scrolling up again?
Thank you @Cassie:)

Sure thing - You're looking for toggleActions

From the docs, (I recommend popping over and giving the video a quick watch if this is all new to you!) - 

toggleActions String - Determines how the linked animation is controlled at the 4 distinct toggle places - onEnter, onLeave, onEnterBack, and onLeaveBack, in that order. The default is play none none none. So toggleActions: "play pause resume reset" will play the animation when entering, pause it when leaving, resume it when entering again backwards, and reset (rewind back to the beginning) when scrolling all the way back past the beginning. You can use any of the following keywords for each action: "play", "pause", "resume", "reset", "restart", "complete", "reverse", and "none".
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cassie said:

Sure thing - You're looking for toggleActions

From the docs, (I recommend popping over and giving the video a quick watch if this is all new to you!) - 

toggleActions String - Determines how the linked animation is controlled at the 4 distinct toggle places - onEnter, onLeave, onEnterBack, and onLeaveBack, in that order. The default is play none none none. So toggleActions: "play pause resume reset" will play the animation when entering, pause it when leaving, resume it when entering again backwards, and reset (rewind back to the beginning) when scrolling all the way back past the beginning. You can use any of the following keywords for each action: "play", "pause", "resume", "reset", "restart", "complete", "reverse", and "none".

Great!
Gonna study hard again :)
tx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dennyno said:

Great!
Gonna study hard again :)
tx

I changed the code, as you can see, but now it takes only the last element on the array.
What's wrong? And why does it require the pin to be active, while I prefer this to just follow the scrub?

Tx again

9 hours ago, Dennyno said:

I changed the code, as you can see, but now it takes only the last element on the array.

I think you just didn't give it time to run all the way in reverse before scrolling back down. Remember, it just reverses when you scroll back up according to your toggleActions. 

Or did I misunderstand your question? 

If you want it to scrub, you'd need to set scrub: true or maybe scrub: 1 (or more) to get a smoothing effect. Like this: 

See the Pen VwMYePG?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen