Search Community

Wix integration?

MichaelGaddis test
Moderator Tag

I have a client who wants to integrate some animation I've done for them into their site. They use Wix for their entire site so I need to install GSAP into Wix before installing the javascript for the animation (which I'm told Wix doesn't allow). I use MorphSVGPlugin so I need the core library plus that addOn. Any advice on how to do that? I've chatted with Tom B.@Wix and I have briefly looked at the clients website's Wix editor page. What I have seen does not give me a lot of hope for an easy install but maybe you guys have done this before. Tom suggested a separate site loaded into an iframe on the Wix site but that seems problematic for screen resize actions, event handling etc. If I can get raw javascript files into the site then I suppose I could put my code with the GSAP minimized libraries into a single install. Not a great solution perhaps but a kludge is better than nothing sometimes. Searching for any advice...

Hi Michael, 

I can't recall ever seeing someone integrate GSAP with Wix. What does the editor look like? Can you add HTML or is it all drag and drop? Outside of an iframe, Web Components would be another option, which works fine with events and resizing, but you would still need to host the JS for the components somewhere.

1 hour ago, MichaelGaddis said:

If I can get raw javascript files into the site then I suppose I could put my code with the GSAP minimized libraries into a single install.

That's what a lot of build tools like Webpack and Parcel do, so I wouldn't call that a bad solution.