Search Community

Make an Image visible on scroll

Martin Burr test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by PointC,

Hello GSAP' Pro's,

i try to realize a simple animation- well at the moment i do not think it is that simple anymore after a week of research and trying...

Let me explain it, please.

I have two SVG's. One is a "clean window", the second is a "window cleaning tool". The animation is happening from top to bottom.

The "window cleaning tool" is moving with the scroll up and down (so far i did that) but at the same time the "clean window" should appear according to the window cleaning tools position.

I am not worrying at the moment about the background picture...

May someone point me in some direction or know where i can read something about it, please?

Thx a lot!

Hi @Martin Burr :)

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, a minimal demo would be best as I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here. Your clean windows comment did remind me of this demo from a different thread a few years ago. Maybe it'll give you some ideas, but a demo would get you the best advice.

See the Pen rrgVvO by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Happy tweening and welcome aboard.

:)

• Like 3

• Solution

Yep, a mask or clip-path would work well. You'd stack the before and after pictures and then reveal the top one with your mask/clip animation. I'd say give it a shot and see how far you can get with the project and then we'll help when you get stuck with any GSAP related problems. A minimal demo would be great too.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 3