Search Community

Start loop animation using MotionPath from the end of the path

Anton Devyatov test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

3 minutes ago, Anton Devyatov said:

Is it possible to affect not a single tween but the whole timeline?

No, it would have to be done on an individual basis, so you can do something similar to a child timeline, like in @PointC first demo, but not the parent timeline. His second demo with the stagger is probably the closest you can get by applying it to a whole animation.

• Like 1

@OSUblake the problem with this approach in my particular case is that repeatDelay excluded from the settings and everything gets independent of currentStagger. In the full visualization there are many paths with different time between elements on them. I.e. currentStagger varies for different paths and in many cases it is longer than time rectangle needs to get from start to finish. In the suggested approach the second rectangle will appear right after the first one finishes without delay even when it's needed. Less important thing is that the path precisely divided into rectangles which also distorts the set distance between them (you can see in my example that while the first rectangle dissapears, the last one gets into the view)

@CassieSorry! Let me explain more clearly. It's a simplified example, in the full version there are many paths of different length and rectangles are moving along them with different distance between them. There is a variable called currentStagger using which I set the time between two neighbour rectangles (in my initial example it is 1.76 seconds). Lets imagine, that for any path the time between two neighbour rectangles is 15 sec and the time rectangle needs to get from start to finish is 10 sec. It means that I need 5 seconds delay after the first rectangle finishes and the second starts. In the original version I got this effect using repeatDelay parameter. In the approach proposed these rectangles would go without delay coz repeatDelay isn't used. Stop! While writing it, I realized that nothing stops me from setting progress and setting repeatDelay simultaneously... Seems as I'm idiot, sorry

• Like 1