Search Community

DrawSVGPlugin in Nuxt not working

SJH test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by SJH,

Followed the instructions:  npm install ./gsap-bonus.tgz from https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Installation?checked=core,drawSVG#esModules

Included the following code in my nuxt component:

import { gsap } from "gsap";
import { DrawSVGPlugin } from "gsap/DrawSVGPlugin";
if (process.client) {
gsap.registerPlugin(MorphSVGPlugin);
}

When I execute: npm run dev, I get a dependency was not found error. This actually makes sense to me because when I look inside my node_modules/gsap/dist folder "DrawSVGPlugin" doesn't exist.

I was previously using the non member/non plugin version of GSAP, if that makes a difference.

Hi there @SJH,

Sorry for the confusion. The DrawSVG plugin is a Club GreenSock perk.

If you're just looking to play around and kick the tires a bit, you can use all the bonus plugins for free over on codepen.

See the Pen OPqpRJ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Also on CodeSandbox - which may be easier if you're also using nuxt

https://codesandbox.io/s/gsap-trial-bonus-plugins-m26x0

If you're looking to use DrawSVG in production - Club GreenSock is the way to go, the bonus plugins save a ton of development time and solve a lot of tricky problems for you, so I'm sure you'll get your money's worth ☺️ Happy to give you more info if you need.

Good luck with your project!

• Like 1

That doesn't look like the Club Greensock package.

14 hours ago, SJH said:

I wouldn't have been able to go through the steps I listed above unless I was a Club Greensock member and I could download the tgz file.

You would be able to download a normal package even if you weren't Club Greensock member as that's how we currently distribute CustomEase, which is available to anyone who has a GreenSock account. Make sure you are logged into the correct account that is associated with Club Greensock before downloading. The account you are using right now is not a Club Greensock.

• Solution

It's working now. After I updated my Club Greensock account, I ran the npm install again: ./gsap-bonus.tgz from the command line. I checked the node_modules/gsap folder and the DrawSVGPlugin was listed. I guess it didn't work before because I had an expired ShockinglyGreen license. All seems good now. Thanks for you help OSUblake. Greensock has the best support. p.s. Thanks for your help too, Cassie.

• Like 3