Search Community

Strategy to build fast Banner Ads with GSAP?

JasonD test
Moderator Tag

• 2 months later...

I have a few different tricks. Usually the bulk of the time for me is spent getting all the assets exported. In Photoshop I use file/generate/image assets. From AI it is a bit more challenging. I organize the AI files layers, creating seperate layers for the things that move, and then name the layers and use a script to export all layers using the layer name as the file name.  jsx file is called MultiExporter. I use the CSS panel in Illustrator to position things, this is also a huge timesaver. I use variables in the CSS too to define background sizes etc... So I only have to put the numbers in once. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 2:57 PM, curtiswiens said:

I have a few different tricks. Usually the bulk of the time for me is spent getting all the assets exported. In Photoshop I use file/generate/image assets. From AI it is a bit more challenging. I organize the AI files layers, creating seperate layers for the things that move, and then name the layers and use a script to export all layers using the layer name as the file name.  jsx file is called MultiExporter. I use the CSS panel in Illustrator to position things, this is also a huge timesaver. I use variables in the CSS too to define background sizes etc... So I only have to put the numbers in once. 

This is an amazing that I should have known about!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I export .png assets at the banner size so I save myself a lot of time NOT positioning assets (since they are already positioned in the image itself).  You may think that trimming those transparent pixels would save you size but actually I rather save time (and the difference is not that big anyways).