Search Community

WHAT ARE THESE MADE OFF ?

Obaid Nadeem test
Moderator Tag

Hello green stockers, i was wondering that what are those epic websites made of ? I am using gsap for a year now but haven't found any clue that how to create website like this: https://estudionk.com/ using gsap. The wappalyzer shows GSAP in the JS frameworks section and I am losing my mind that it should show any webgl library as well for threedy rotation of background, but as it shows GSAP only so I am curious how you do these kinda animations using GSAP ?

On 10/20/2021 at 3:53 PM, akapowl said:

Hey @obaidnadeem

I don't think it would really be possible do the sort of things as they do on their background without some sort of WebGL rendering.

Taking a quick glimpse at the main.js in their source code, it looks like they are using three.js for it.

Yes I was also confused. But if it was three.js Wappalyzer would have shown it. I think they are using core webgl code that's why wappalyzer was unable to detect it.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:10 PM, elegantseagulls said:

@obaidnadeem

This is definitely using some sort of WebGL for the rendering. GSAP works great for animating WebGL objects (Lots of example on the forms here).

Interestingly enough, there's a Twitch Stream today covering using GSAP with WebGL shaders:

Amzaing! Watched the stream and learned a lot. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, obaidnadeem said:

But if it was three.js Wappalyzer would have shown it.

They are using three.js (revision 124), maybe the Wappalyzer's script doesn't work properly with how they have their site built up.

When I tried, it also showed me they were using GSAP version 1.16.x or something like that, when in fact they are running 3.4 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

10 hours ago, obaidnadeem said:

But if it was three.js Wappalyzer would have shown it. I think they are using core webgl code that's why wappalyzer was unable to detect it.

I wouldn't put that much trust in Wappalyzer. It can't detect libraries with 100% certainty, especially if the code is obfuscated, which is how most code is delivered.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, akapowl said:

They are using three.js (revision 124), maybe the Wappalyzer's script doesn't work properly with how they have their site built up.

When I tried, it also showed me they were using GSAP version 1.16.x or something like that, when in fact they are running 3.4 🤷‍♂️

yeah I think I shouldn't put that much trust on Wappalyzer