Search Community

Unable to import DrawSVGPlugin inside a generator-webapp project

Thomas Popoff test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone !

I'm working on a project generated with https://github.com/yeoman/generator-webapp

I added GSAP with npm, and added this line to my index.html

<!-- build:js scripts/vendor.js -->
// Here is where I usually add plugins and dependancies
<script type="text/javascript" src="/node_modules/gsap/dist/gsap.min.js"></script>
<!-- endbuild -->

But when I do the same with my DrawSVGPlugin.min.js file, I have this error on my browser :

Cannot set property window of #<Window> which has only a getter

I'm also using ScrollTrigger plugin on this website, and everything works fine...

Do you have a better idea to import this plugin to my project ?

Thank you !

Actually, I only import GSAP with NPM. Because DrawSVGPlugin is a premium plugin, I need to import it "manually" 

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/DrawSVGPlugin.min.js"></script>

I tried different files from the plugin folder

when I use the DrawSVGPlugin.min.jo from minified, I have the error above. Same for /umd/ folder file.

I tried the file in /esm/ folder, and then I have this error

DrawSVGPlugin.js:3 Uncaught ReferenceError: exports is not defined at DrawSVGPlugin.js:3

same for /src/ folder...

Don't know if I can perform other tests...?

It seems like you're loading the correct file via the <script> tag, DrawSVGPlugin.min.js - I've never heard of anything like this before. Can you please provide a minimal demo that allows us to reproduce the issue? Based on the error you mentioned, it sounds like something is literally trying to set window.window = ?? (something) which DrawSVGPlugin definitely doesn't do. And nobody else has reported a similar issue, so I'm perplexed. Sounds like maybe an issue in your particular environment which is why a minimal demo would help. If we can reproduce the issue on our end, I'm sure we can figure out a solution if it's GSAP-related. 🤷‍♂️

I found my issue !

Because of my JS pre-processor, every file inside the /script/ folder is pre-processed, and it generate this issue.

I created a folder and I include my file from this folder, and everything is fine !

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the time you lost, it was my bad

Have a nice day !

• Like 1