Search Community

pixijs plugin issue with some (old) GPU

vojjin test
Moderator Tag

I have several simple multiplayer online games, and last two of them are card games. Several users complaint about very slow and annoying card movement, while others (including me) claims that all work just fine. Games are rendering with pixi.js, but for card movements I'm using GSAP 3.6.1 TweenMax. 

Luckily, one of players gave me access to her computer, and when we started the game and cards start moving, I could see WebGL warning messages:

- GL Driver Message (OpenGL, Performance, GL_CLOSE_PATH_NV, High): GPU stall due to ReadPixels.

Screenshot_178s.jpg.7678a2f9d50aff5849f29de1b26d291c.jpg

- GL Driver Message (OpenGL, Performance, GL_CLOSE_PATH_NV, High): GPU stall due to mapping buffer in use my the GPU.

Screenshot_178f.jpg.8598b21d89ce4eb1b71a5b4fae4fe237.jpg

Is this issue related to GSAP, or Pixi.js, or something else? It looks other games which are not using GSAP for movements work fine.

Yeah, that has nothing to do with GSAP for sure. GSAP is just a high-performance property setter - it doesn't use WebGL or any rendering technology. It's totally agnostic in terms of the rendering layer. PixiJS does handle the rendering layer and taps into WebGL if I remember correctly, so I'd recommend asking the Pixi folks. 

24 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

Yeah, that has nothing to do with GSAP for sure. GSAP is just a high-performance property setter - it doesn't use WebGL or any rendering technology. It's totally agnostic in terms of the rendering layer. PixiJS does handle the rendering layer and taps into WebGL if I remember correctly, so I'd recommend asking the Pixi folks. 

OK, thanks.