Search Community

Playing audio - error seems to want page interaction

PG1 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by nico fonseca,

Hi, 

I have been successfully playing audio on timeline complete in this pen until today. Something seem to have changed - console errors shown below are saying the play function is failing because there has been no document interaction. Anyone have any ideas? I've always had these animations play automatically on page load so I have no idea what this is looking for

472956681_Screenshot2021-09-28at10_59_31.thumb.png.1546d900147ac9257410bc26cc136f0e.png

See the Pen f216578054531e1fcdef26b956520f03 by petegarvin1 (@petegarvin1) on CodePen

• Solution

Hey @PG1 that is because Chrome blocks the audio if the user didn't interact with something in the page. You need to add a button or any action so the user can interact on the page before your animation. You can check this if you click on the page before your animation begin.
To avoid audio errors you can go here🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nico fonseca said:

Hey @PG1 that is because Chrome blocks the audio if the user didn't interact with something in the page. You need to add a button or any action so the user can interact on the page before your animation. You can check this if you click on the page before your animation begin.
To avoid audio errors you can go here🙂

Interesting - i had no idea - thank you!!

• Like 1