Search Community

Scroll disabled as soon as I change markers from "true" to "false"

lumuxd test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by akapowl,

Hi,

the scrolling of my coded website is disabled when I change the markers to "false" or when I remove the line completely. You can try this in my attached codepen.  I don't really know how this is possible as the markers are only for help while coding.

I've read that it might be an css issue but I couldn't find the issue in my css code yet. Maybe someone could help me out here? :) 

Thanks in advance!

See the Pen qBjpmmp by m44244 (@m44244) on CodePen

• Solution

Hye @lumuxd

It looks like specifically setting pinSpacing to true here will give you the scrolling back. Usually specifically setting it to true is not neccessary, and this was just a shot in the dark after some other testing, so I can not even give you an explanation for that.

Also it turns out your rotation: -360 in the tween only tweened things to about item 18, so I also adjusted that - not sure if this is the correct calculation for it as it was just trial and error and I did not have the time to dig into your code deeper, but it seems to work decently with what I got there now.

Edit:

Forget about the calculations. After some testing it looks like it just needs to be -720 instead of -360 to work with any amount of items. Hope I got it right this time 😅

... and still hope this is still a bit helpful at least. Cheers

See the Pen 8a327fc44a872640581d9c71bd6ddc89 by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

• Like 3

Hey @akapowl,

thanks so much for getting back to me!

"pinSpacing: true" worked for me! :) 

Thank you as well for fixing the rotation which solved another problem with my infinite scroll! 

The only problem was that now my snapping isn't adjusted anymore. But I only had to multiply the number of elements by 2, so from "snapTo: 1 / 33" to "snapTo: 1 / 66"

Thank you!

• Like 1