Search Community

pinSpacing div

jerryB test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

I've got an animated element pinned to the viewport but scrolling leaves a space equal to the end point below; or is I turn pin spacing off, I get an awkward wiping effect I don't want v... is there a way to pin an element but remove that extra spacing? I saw other questions around this same issue, though couldn't find a solution given thanks

See the Pen xxrEyxg by jerryklunk (@jerryklunk) on CodePen

I'm not sure I understand your goal here, but things like this almost always have to do with your CSS setup. For example, in your demo you set the height of the containing element to 100vh which means that when ScrollTrigger adds padding to the pinned element, making it taller, the containing element refuses to grow accordingly. So you could set min-height instead of height, for example. 

Maybe this is more like what you wanted?: 

See the Pen RwgoLrQ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Also note that you should always set transforms via GSAP rather than just in CSS because it's more accurate and performant. See 

Does that help?

• Solution

I think you might be misunderstanding some of the CSS stuff. Here's a fork where I put a red border on the container and a green border on the <canvas>: 

See the Pen zYzoPLL?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

In your earlier version, you had a translateY applied of -50%, so it was creating a gap at the bottom. That had nothing to do with ScrollTrigger. I removed that in this fork above. As far as I can tell, ScrollTrigger is doing exactly what it is supposed to and it is NOT adding a bunch of extra space (only what it's supposed to). 

• Like 1