Search Community

Css does not work with locomotive library

LondonPete test
Moderator Tag

I have the following CSS to scroll within a column, but if I include the locomotive library, even without using it, the CSS doesn't work, in fact, it seem like the second line is removed.

.sticky-section-wrapper .elementor-widget-wrap {
    display: block !important;
    position: sticky;
    top: 0;
}
.sticky-section-wrapper .sticky-section {
    position: sticky;
    top: 0;
}

The first line is included just for Safari,  but is found in Chrome, whereas the second line doesn't appear at all

Regards Pete 

Since locomotive-scroll appears to have a special data-scroll-sticky attribute, my best guess would be that this is just a locomotive-scroll thing and position: sticky does not work withing locomotive-scroll's context as it would in a native-scrolling approach.

Maybe this thread here can help

As this doesn't look to be related to GSAP, maybe locomotive-scroll's issues section over on GitHub can help too.

https://github.com/locomotivemtl/locomotive-scroll/issues?q=sticky

But as Nico already mentioned; if you could create a minimal demo and it shows that this is related to GSAP, we'll be happy to help.

BTW:

Since you appear to be using ScrollTrigger; you could also recreate that sticky behaviour with a pinning ScrollTrigger.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, nico fonseca said:

@akapowl always have the solution

Ha, I wish I had  😅

22 minutes ago, Cassie said:

When are you getting a company car from Locomotive Scroll @akapowl?

I'm actually no advocate for locomotive-scroll, and I wouldn't even know where to park such a beast 😋

photo-1603640946281-851ccf60c886?ixlib=r

When it comes to smooth-scrolling, there are some pit-falls to avoid, that are the same across all/most libraries and/or approaches, though;

Like position: fixed elements not working the way you'd expect within the container that is being transformed because of the transforms on that container changing the context for the fixed position. I guess position: sticky falls in a similar/the same vein, as it can be seen as some sort of a special version of position: fixed maybe?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3