Search Community

ScrollToPlugin in Chrome and Edge

Neg test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Hello, 

While I was testing this example in my own website with different browser, I noticed that it scrolls very smooth in Firefox (like the example in the codepen) but in Edge and Chrome no matter what ease I choose or how long the duration is, scroll is not smooth, I see that  #Section suddenly jump under navigation bar and this is very annoying. Do you know how can I solve this?

Thanks

See the Pen LkOrKY by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Hello @Neg - Are you sure it's working?

It sounds likely that you're not preventing default and using anchor links? Maybe you have smooth scrolling enabled in firefox globally or a smooth scroll extension? 

If you're *sure* it's working could you post a minimal demo showing the issue, it's quite hard to debug blind.

Thanks!

*are you sure the scrollTo plugin is actually loaded and animating.

It sounds like what you're seeing is the default browser behaviour for anchor links. Pen linked below - If not and it is animating inconsistently please provide a demo as this example is working perfectly in both chrome and firefox.

We can't debug a working demo I'm afraid. We need to be able to see what you're doing differently.

See the Pen 8b2f8a0d35a2f8d61c1a6e6040c789a6?editors=1010 by cassie-codes (@cassie-codes) on CodePen

• Like 1