Search Community

MorphSVG - raw path data vs href

Tanuki test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Cassie,

I think we're in a bit of a loop here.

If there is a way to save or export an Ai file such that it only includes path data, could you please tell what that process is. I'm really not clear from your response what you are recommending...

48 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

I'm really not clear from your response what you are recommending...

As far as I know AI is not going to export just the path data (the part inside d=""). If that's all you're after, you might have to copy and paste it yourself. If you have any more questions about exporting, you should probably take them over to Adobe support. We really try to keep these forums focused on GSAP.

• Like 2

My question was just based off the gimp article you linked to.

The output in this screenshot isn't anything special - it's exactly what you can get out of most vector editors. If this was all you're after, I wanted to give you a heads up incase you were overcomplicating things.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 23.52.45.png

Cassie, 

Thx - yep, that's pretty much what I'm getting. Somehow, I was under the impression you were able to export (or save as) just the path data string.

So, I think at this point I'll just write a routine to search for the "d" string and pop that into the setAttribute (''d", ...) method.

But again, because I would be dealing with 8,100 individual characters and 200k words (that resolve to 1 to 4 "d" strings in an svg file), it would be preferable to have a database of just the path data in each record. But I'll worry about that later.

Thx for all your help! Let's close this thread out - I think we can all agree we've pretty much covered all the angles on path data.

Cheers

• Like 1