Search Community

Can we achieve like this text animation effect with GSAP ?

JentiDabhi test
Moderator Tag

16 hours ago, Cassie said:

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 13.52.12.png

If you take a look in the code of the site you linked to - they are animating a lot of masks.

@Cassie Thanks for your replay I have set like this mask structure but in GSAP timeline its not getting same effect as per reference site
I have set like this : https://prnt.sc/1hgcz80
GSAP timeline like this: https://prnt.sc/1hgdaef

5 hours ago, Cassie said:

We can't help you debug by looking at screenshots - could you put together a minimal demo?

Also, I wasn't suggesting copying the markup word for word - I was just pointing out that they're using masks. 

@Cassie Sorry for that i have set demo here in codepen just look in to this 

See the Pen RwVMdpZ by JDabhi (@JDabhi) on CodePen

Please need your point of view on this.

Thanks for putting that together. 

It looks like you have the right idea! Mask the sections, position them on top of each other and then animate their x/y values

See the Pen rNmdELE?editors=1011 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

You were targeting some elements that didn't exist and using an older version of GSAP syntax, but aside from that there's nothing more technically  that we can help you with here. As someone who's done glitchy animations before, it's fiddly work! 

Aesthetically it doesn't look right yet, but you're on the right track. What's left to do is to tweak the values, adjust the size of the masks and adjust the easing/timing of the animation until it looks right, you're nearly there!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cassie said:

Thanks for putting that together. 

It looks like you have the right idea! Mask the sections, position them on top of each other and then animate their x/y values

You were targeting some elements that didn't exist and using an older version of GSAP syntax, but aside from that there's nothing more technically  that we can help you with here. As someone who's done glitchy animations before, it's fiddly work! 

Aesthetically it doesn't look right yet, but you're on the right track. What's left to do is to tweak the values, adjust the size of the masks and adjust the easing/timing of the animation until it looks right, you're nearly there!

Okay thanks @Cassie For your good information.