Search Community

SplitText how to avoid text inside buttons

Maniak Development test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hey guys, I'm using SplitText plugin to show like a typing animation, the problem is that sometimes I have buttons inside the paragraph and the plugin is also typing those character when I don't need the text inside the buttons to have that animation.

It's there a way to get avoid that text to be splited?

I try several techniques, one was to remove the paragraph with the buttons outside of the SplitText animation, the problem there is that I need the movement to the next line

See the Pen bGWNVbY?editors=1010 by godhandkiller (@godhandkiller) on CodePen

• Solution

Sure, the point was just to craft your selection to properly focus on the elements you want to split, that's all. Are you asking how to select the paragraphs that don't contain a certain class? And you said you can't control what classes are applied to the paragraphs, right? 

Maybe: 

let dynamicText = gsap.utils.toArray("#insights-shipping-text p:not(.flex)");

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 7:21 PM, GreenSock said:

Sure, the point was just to craft your selection to properly focus on the elements you want to split, that's all. Are you asking how to select the paragraphs that don't contain a certain class? And you said you can't control what classes are applied to the paragraphs, right? 

Maybe: 

let dynamicText = gsap.utils.toArray("#insights-shipping-text p:not(.flex)");

Thank you for the answer, It was actually more complicated than using just the selector (just how the project is setup) but this give me the main idea of how to do it