Search Community

"back" easing doesn't seem to work with Keyframes

Ahmed Elyamani test
Moderator Tag

Welcome to the forums, @Ahmed Elyamani

Anytime a tween has keyframes, its overall ease across all the keyframes needs to be linear ("none") so that the timing across them all is appropriate, but you can control the easing of each keyframe by setting an ease in that keyframe: 

See the Pen oNWjeqW?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

If you really need to ease the entire set of keyframes with a different ease (across the entirety), you can just pause() it and animate the playhead with another tween. 

Thank you for the reply and for welcoming me to the forums!
I've tried that, but I don't think it's possible to get "back" easing by doing this, is it?

If you really need to ease the entire set of keyframes with a different ease (across the entirety), you can just pause() it and animate the playhead with another tween. 

16 minutes ago, Ahmed Elyamani said:

I've tried that, but I don't think it's possible to get "back" easing by doing this, is it?

Well yes, you can't make a progress value go beyond 1. 

What exactly is your goal here? Are you trying to have a bunch of keyframes and only have the ones toward the very end go past their destination values? Please explain in more detail - you may need to get creative about how to approach this. 

What exactly is your goal here? Are you trying to have a bunch of keyframes and only have the ones toward the very end go past their destination values? Please explain in more detail - you may need to get creative about how to approach this. 

Yes, in my project it may be the case that I have a timeline consisting of multiple tweens that define keyframe-based animations of a single target. I want to be able to apply easing functions on entire portions of that timeline (ie. independent tweens).

you may need to get creative about how to approach this

I will try to see how it looks if I tween to the last keyframe using "back" easing.