Search Community

About the license policy

handcake test
Moderator Tag

First, sorry for the topic that doesn't help with development.

I want to use GSAP to introduce my company webpage.

Webpage is not charge to visitor and customer. (Producer and customer is same:company)

In this case, I need a license?

Good question, @handcake. And welcome to the forums!

If there are no fees being charged to multiple customers for the site/app/game/product that uses GSAP (including no micro-transactions), then the standard "no charge" license covers that type of usage. No need to get a Club GreenSock membership unless you want some of the bonus plugins (which can save you a lot of time and money) or if you just want to support ongoing development. But the vast majority of our users never pay us a dime. Please don't feel any obligation. 

Enjoy the tools!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, handcake said:

If I use GSAP for the products I sell, do I need a business membership? (The product to be sold is a WEB-based solution)

Yes, exactly. If a fee is collected from more than one entity, that's what triggers the need for the commercial license that comes with "Business Green" memberships. 

I think you'll find that the membership pays for itself in very little time. And of course we offer a satisfaction guarantee. We've never rejected a refund request (they're quite rare). We're passionate about having happy customers around here. 

Does that clear things up? 

• Thanks 1