Search Community

How to prevent drag outside the wrapper, even browser window?

AsKadir test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Hello all,

I have an issue with Draggable,

I inserted your codepen, but it doesn't matter, it happens with any working example where Draggable is.

Try to press and hold your mouse on a wrapper and move it from right to left, then not letting go the left mouse button, leave the browser window and move your mouse, you will see that the drag is still working for blocks.

Why it happens? Is there a possibility to prevent it?

Thanks in advance!

See the Pen ZELQqeJ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

@OSUblake Thanks for your answer!
I think you misunderstood me, by liveSnap we can limit the dragging distance, right?

But I'm telling about browser window's borders, you can leave it and dragging will still work, just try it:

30 minutes ago, NasKadir said:

Try to press and hold your mouse on a wrapper and move it from right to left, then not letting go the left mouse button, leave the browser window and move your mouse, you will see that the drag is still working for blocks.

7 minutes ago, NasKadir said:

But I'm telling about browser window's borders, you can leave it and dragging will still work, just try it:

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, but there's no easy to do stop it. I used to worry about that in the past, coming up with solutions like disabling draggable when it left the window, and re-enabled it when it re-enters, but it didn't seem worth it in the end.

• Haha 1