Search Community

Problem when resizing an LiquidArea

bruno.swf test
Moderator Tag

I'm using LiquidArea to resize a MovieClip. There are smaller MovieClips inside that MovieClip, and those MovieClips are positioned in a "puzzle" fashion, filling all the stage area (no space between them).

Here's the problem: when the LiquidArea gets resized, the MovieClips become disconnected from each other; i.e, there is now space between the MovieClips, which was not there before the resize.

I've attached two images to this message so you can see the problem.

post-6056-133152000828_thumb.jpg

post-6056-133152000835_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Flash rendering issue which is unrelated to LiquidArea/LiquidStage. I've seen that sort of thing before, when for some odd reason Flash renders a thin line between objects even if they're technically butted right up next to each other. The only solution I found was to overlap them very slightly or go through the hassle of creating a BitmapData and merge things that way.

I do not know if using bitmapData solve my problem.

To be clear, I'll explain what I'm doing.

I carry a picture, and cut it into several pieces, those pieces will appear random-mind, with the effects of alpha and ColorTransform.

This is the link of the effect that I'm doing:http://tikiweb.com.br/bruno_teste/image_effect/effect.swf

Is there any other way to apply these effects in parts of the picture without cutting it?

Thanks.

Maybe just put white rectangles over the top of the image and fade them out. Just a thought. But you'd probably still run into the same issue with Flash sometimes showing a very thin line between the rectangles unless you overlap them slightly.