Search Community

Having an issue with ScrollTrigger + Locomotive Scroll

Oluwatobiju Judah test
Moderator Tag

4 hours ago, OSUblake said:

What browser and OS is that? I'm having trouble reproducing that.

The browser and OS does not appear to matter. The video was shot on Big Sur 11.2.3 with Chrome 91.0.4472.106, but it also occurs on Big Sur 11.4 with Chrome 91.0.4472.114.

Here are screenshots of it happening in Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on Chrome 91 (114) and Firefox 89.0.1. And it's not a plugin issue, either, because it was tested with Incognito. I also had coworkers confirm they could reproduce on their machines.

I didn't bother screenshotting Edge, but it happened there, too. I haven't tested Safari but will if you think it'll help. Went ahead and tested Safari and had identical issues.

Please let me know how else I can support.

• Thanks 1

hey @akapowl thank you for the detailed explanation. I understand the current behavior more clearly now.

About the smooth scroll, yeah, I know. I'm only using Greensock's smoothscroll helper on mobile because the desktop view is all horizontal.

16 hours ago, OSUblake said:

Pretty sure you could just setup a scroll proxy for that. I'll mess around with that in a bit.

Hey @OSUblake, not to bug, but did you manage to try it out, eventually?

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:29 PM, column5media said:

Here is one video that shows how positioning gets stuck on resize, then unstuck on resize again. They also do not seem to respect where they should be relative to the document position (i.e. 2 grids from the top, and 3 grids separating one another).

I believe this is fixed in the next release which you can preview at https://assets.codepen.io/16327/ScrollTrigger.min.js

If you need a .tgz file (like to npm install), you can get it at https://assets.codepen.io/16327/gsap-beta.tgz

Does that work better for you? Please let us know if you notice any other issues. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...