Search Community

Hello wonderful people! I have a question about pinning/svg + scaling image

proof-of-sock test
Moderator Tag

So I have a set of circles made in illustrator. I've them in a group called stagger1 which fades/eases them into existence when the page is first loaded. 

I've been playing around with scroll trigger trying to figure how to do the next part. 

The steps would be lock the container with the circles inso it's always in line with scrollbar/viewport.

When scrolling occurs I'd like to scale the whole lot of circles up.

I think this is along the lines of what I need:

gsap.from(".scrolltransition", {
        scrollTrigger:{
            trigger: '.scrolltransition',
            markers: true,
           // scrub: true,
           // pin: true,
            start: "top center",
            //end: "top 10px",
            pin: true
        },
         scale: 2.9,
         duration: 1.2,
    })

Last night when playing around I couldn't get any scaling of the circles, so my question is, is there a specific way to export the SVG's that i'm missing? Should I enable responsive in the export dialog of illustrator? (I didn't before) 

This was the class name as well:

class="scroll stagger1 scrolltransition"

First I'm trying to scale them all up, before attempting to scale individual circles in groups. 

The idea for the website is that you go deeper inside, instead of down. Kinda like into the rabbit hole. I'm making for an artist who wants something slightly off the beaten path! 

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 14.16.42.png

See the Pen vYxPRqX by mldyu (@mldyu) on CodePen

21 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

Howdy, @proof-of-sock. Just checking to see if you still needed help. Are you all set? 

Glad to hear you made headway, and thanks for sharing the tip about the export dialog. 

thanks for checking in. I will get there eventually. I'm still a bit confused about a few things, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. 

I'll circle back here in a few days if I get really stuck, but I think I'm a few sleeps away from it all clicking and becoming 2nd nature

• Like 2